Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Another Spin on the Knoebels Roto-Jet

I did a post on the Roto-Jet at Knoebels in central PA at about this time last year, but I just took a few more pictures that I think you'll enjoy. If you don't remember, this Roto-Jet came from the infamous Freedomland USA.
Since Knoebels attendance has been very light lately, I was the only one riding during this cycle.
The plus side of a solo ride is that you can take unique shots like this!
My Dad and I went to Hersheypark on this same day, and they also have a Roto-Jet, the one from Pontchartrain Beach in LA. (I forgot to take a picture.) I've never been on that one before, but it no longer has the classic ride vehicles the Knoebels model has.
I first rode the Knoebels Roto-Jet in 2016, and I was expecting it to be a Dumbo-like ride. I was pleasantly surprised at how intense it is! The lateral forces you get when you're spinning around in the down position are hard to beat.
It's nice to know that even in 2020, you can still ride classic flat rides maintained immaculately well like this one.
I'm glad that I got to visit Knoebels and Hershey when I did. Who knows what the rest of this season will hold for the PA amusement parks?

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Is the "Astro Jets" from early Tomorrowland just a Roto-Jet, without any real changes? I've always wondered!

Andrew said...

That's right Major. The only difference is the custom lifting mechanism.

TokyoMagic! said...

Wow! It's so cool that this ride still exists! I love everything about it, including the font used in the attraction's signage!

DrGoat said...

A blast from the past. I remember that ride well. Always loved that big headlight, lighting your way through the sky!
Great post Andrew. Thanks for the info.

Andrew said...

I'm thinking that that sign is original, TokyoMagic!

DrGoat, the headlights are one of the best parts, and Knoebels keeps them working!