Friday, May 24, 2019

First Post!

Ok. So this is a blog. My name is Andrew, and I'm starting this because I've got some free time and would enjoy writing about my passions - mainly amusement parks and history. Just to be upfront, at the time of this writing I am 14 years old, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. (Is it cool for a teenager  to have a blog in 2019? Most certainly not.) I don't have the wisdom that the internet probably expects, but if you're reading this, I hope you enjoy what I write about here... I'm not really sure what it will be yet, but hopefully it'll be good. Have fun!

This picture is from April 2012. I was 7. As you can see, amusement parks have been a long-standing passion for me, so I like to think that I have learned some things over the elapsed seven years.

6 comments:

Chuck said...

Andrew, congratulations for starting something I've considered for years, but never felt I had the time to do...or that anyone would be interested in it.

Don't worry about your age - everybody's 14 once. It's never too early to start working on honing your writing and presentation skills, and this a great way to do that. Wish there'd been such a thing as a "blog" in 1982...

I'm looking forward to reading what you share here. Best of luck, and have fun!

Andrew said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't even think about the benefits you mentioned.

If your blog would be as in-depth as your comments I've seen on Gorillas Don't Blog, than I would certainly read it!

TokyoMagic! said...

Andrew, yes...the best of luck to you with your new blog! I just found it, because of Ken Martinez' recent comment on GDB.

I also just noticed that you joined the "Followers" on my blog. Thank you so much! I just added you to my two "Blog Lists."

My passion for amusement parks also goes back to my childhood. Actually, I have loved them for as long as I can remember! Good luck again, with writing about your passion!

Andrew said...

I appreciate you checking it out! Thanks a million for adding me to your blog list - it means a lot. I should do something like that for this site.

I've loved parks since 1st grade. It's pretty easy to fall down the rabbit hole! Thanks again for stopping by.

Chuck said...

Andrew, it's those detailed comments that scare me about starting my own blog. I'm afraid I'd write so much I'd never get around to posting, and if I did I'd bore my readers (both of them) to death.

Besides - not running a blog gives me more time to enjoy and comment on other people's blogs! :-)

Chris S said...

You sir are a fantastic writer!