Thursday, July 18, 2019

Knoebels Neon

Unlike so many major parks, Knoebels understands their history and does a lot to preserve it. Heck, there are museums in the park itself (where there could be gift shop space)! One of the nicest things the park has is a small collection of old-school neon signs. Being a rural Pennsylvania park, none are too flashy, but they're all charming in their own way nonetheless.
 This sign, which serves as the park's "marquee", was probably at one point the entrance, but with expansion, over time it's wound up near the center of the park's land!
 At night it really comes alive. The family's (that still owns the park today) last name is Knoebel - over time, the apostrophe in the name has disappeared.
Facing each other are two similar-looking stands... Casa de Refrescos...
... and Kandy Korners.
 Nearby is the Patio Grill, serving up the three essential food groups of fun.


I have some more Knoebels neon pictures, so those might come at another time.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I wish I'd been able to drive when I lived in Pennsylvania, I could have gone to see so many of these historic parks myself!

Andrew said...

Well... I won't be able to drive for another year, and I've already been to a good handful of these old parks, if I do say so myself. ;) I guess the Internet can work wonders.

K. Martinez said...

I love those three essential food groups of fun.

Nice observation that the Knoebels sign might've at one point been the entrance to the park. Never thought of that.

Nice post today. Thanks, Andrew.

Andrew said...

Thanks for reading.